We are proud to reintroduce the original Optima released in the 80s with some modern updates!! Redesigned by the original designer, the Optima has been
carefully redeveloped from ground up to bring back the best of the buggies in the good old days and to offer a true fun to drive feel.
The Optima is designed based on the original version released in the 80s. We have updated several areas but kept the parts compatible with the original chassis.
This allows customer owning the original kit to restore their cars.
- Chassis: All plates and the main chassis bars are now 6061T6 aluminum(counter sunk).
- Aluminum chassis bars are slightly thicker for more durability.
- Drive-train: Kit includes both chain and belt drive trains allowing use of more powerful motors.
- Diff gears now have ball bearings installed.
- Gears: Now in 48 pitch gears. Sintered alloy gears combined with high impact nylon gears and newly added slipper clutch will cope with the current power plants.
- Shocks: New 10mm diameter aluminum cylinder with SUS shaft allows improved damping.
- Tires / Wheels: Slightly modified tread designs and new softer compound for superior grip and handling. Rear tires include inner sponge. New 1 piece wheel design.
- 2 Types of bumpers included(Wide and Narrow)
- Aluminum motor guard.
- Updated geometry.
- Hardware: All Hex
- Updated servo fixture.
- Driver: Molded helmet design.
- Option Parts: We will release various option parts.
- Electronics compatibility: Compatible with the current standard servos, Receiver units, ESCs, motors and battery packs.
- Packaging: Similar to the original with blister pack showing some of the parts included. Some parts will be preassembled and parts will be bagged in steps following the instruction manual for easy assembly.